For Margin pledge, client required to authorise the pledge request by entering an OTP on CDSL’s website. Clients will have to access this link through an email sent to them to enter the OTP and authorise the pledge. The process is explained below:
- Log into Customer Care Portal through Xtrade Mobile/Web App.
- Go to the Portfolio – Margin Pledge page click on Pledge. A list of stocks that can be pledged are displayed here.
- Select the stock wish to pledge, enter the quantity, and click on Save. You may select all scrips in single click also.
After request is processed at our end, CDSL sends an email to your registered email ID with a link to approve the pledge. Alternatively, you may click on link https://www.cdslindia.com/MarginPledge/OTP.aspx
- Upon visiting the link, an option to generate OTP is given. This then sends an OTP to the registered phone number & email ID. Enter the OTP on the CDSL page to approve the pledge.
- Once the pledge is approved, margins will be provided against the pledged stock from T+1 day.
- To unpledged the shares, visit Portfolio – Margin Pledge page click on Unpledge.
- The stocks will be unpledged from the Clearing Corporation/Clearing Member (provided they aren’t blocked for margins) that is the lien on the stocks will be unmarked and the stocks become free securities in the demat.
To view the status of Pledge/Unpledge request, visit Portfolio – Margin Pledge page click on History.
To view the details of free and margin pledge shares in DP account, visit DP – DP Holding
Download this document